Ryan Ban Tran
Ryan Ban Tran serves as the CEO of Trans International Group, a private holding company he founded, focusing on procuring advanced technology, syndicating project finance, and architecting full value-chain solutions for both the Public and Private Sectors, to create positive social impact in accordance with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG 17).
Ryan started his career in supply chain by collaborating with the Vietnam Trade Commission to help promote trade and source products between Vietnam and Western countries. As the business grew, he later expanded his involvement into commodity trade, infrastructure, private equity, and disruptive technology.
Today, Ryan leverages his vast experiences in technology, business operation management, investments, and international politics to architect and design full value chain solutions for governments based on their sovereign mandates and needs. This includes project origination, project syndication, technology integrations, project finance, and exit strategy.
- 15+ years experience in international business and management, dealing with Private Sectors as well as Governments.
- C-Level Business Executive Management with a focus on Family Office, Private Equity, Management Consultant, Supply Chain Solutions, and Technology Procurement for Governments.
- Serves as Chief Strategy Officer of NPF, a SE Asia consortium comprising of business conglomerates, academia (12+ universities), NGOs, and Governments.
- Serves as a Managing Partner/Strategic Advisor on Special Situations at Eden Capital Investment Group, a private $ Billion AUM Family Office Private Equity Fund.
- Served as a Partner/Advisor at The Aster Club, a private Club of social impact investors made up of ultra-high-networth (UNHW) and prominent families, where the focus is in building a community of learning, legacy development, preservation of wealth, succession planning, and social impact investing.
- Served as the Co-Chair of the Global Outreach Committee of GetGlobal, an international business conference, covering every major region in the world on policy, economy, strategy, and culture in 2017 and 2018.
- Served on the Advisory Board of University of Southern California (USC) Global Supply Chain Center from 2016-2018.
- Served as the Chair of the Global Healthcare Impact Panel at USC 5th Annual Supply Chain Summit, which included Executive Speakers from Johnson & Johnson and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Facilitated the formal establishment of USC GSCC in the Dominican Republic for the joint-research and joint-academic relationship between USC and PUCMM.
- Lead a delegation of conglomerate executives from America and Asia to visit and meet with top officials and counterparts from the Dominican Republic for investment in Infrastructures, Mining, Tobacco, Tourism, Real Estate, and Healthcare.
- Brought a Chinese delegation to the Dominican Republic to meet with top officials to discuss bilateral trade relationships, sister-city relationships, and potential diplomatic relationships; which eventually lead to the official diplomatic relationship between China and Dominican Republic on May 1, 2018.
- Studied Electrical Computer Engineer as an Undergraduate from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, and is invited by the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, as a candidate for his Executive Development Education (EDP).
- Recipient of the Junior Chamber International, New Jersey State Award (JCI-NJ) for the category of Business Economic and Entrepreneurial Accomplishment 2020-2021.
NOTABLE SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Keynote Speaker at the Vietnam-US Trade & Investment Relations Conference in New York, USA, addressing Governments Officials and Businesses on Cross-border Strategic Investment.
- Guest Speaker at the East/West Investment Forum in Boston, USA, on Cross-border Supply Chain Strategy.
- Guest Speaker on Blockchain for government applications at the Ted Weiss Federal Building in New York, NY, USA.
- Guest Speaker at United Nations UNOSSC GSSD Expo on Utilizing Technology and Blockchain for Social Impact.
- Guest Speaker at the United Nations Conference with the Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS) on Leveraging Technology for Sustainable Smart Agriculture.
- Guest Speaker at the United Nations Conference with the Central African Republic on Innovative Solutions for the Agriculture Value-Chain, at the 5th Annual Agribusiness and Economic Industry Summit.